WINTER 2018 SHIFT BID
Bidding Procedure & Telephone Bidding... begins September 12, 2018
- You must be available at the number listed at your bid time and prepared to bid within your 3 minutes allotted to you. No proxy telephone bidding is allowed; we will call you at the number provided within Canada. We will be using the contact information that we have through Staff Admin/ESS. Please ensure that you have updated all your contact information through HR Connex at least 24 hours before the shift bid.
- You may call in to bid at 6042316564
- You can watch the bid LIVE at tinyurl.com/w18shiftbid . (Please refresh the page when you are watching the live feed... hit F5 or the refresh button at the top of the page to ensure you are seeing the most current information!!!)
- The union office will be updating the website as a guide only. The Master Copy on the wall in the bid room will be the official bid. Any errors on other updated documents will not have any impact on the bid.
- Failure to submit a completed bid form or a proxy form will result in you being assigned a work schedule after the bid process is complete.
- Bid requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and please cc: email@example.com . These requests must be received prior to commencement of the shift bid as there is no guarantee emails can be checked while bidding is taking place.
Points of Interest:
Please verify all information posted on the bid list pertaining to you. Discrepancies will NOT be resolved in the bid room. All queries must be directed to the Resource Department by Monday, September 10, 2018 at 1200 noon. The bid times are attached in your emailed bid package.
When does the first day of the New Schedule Begin?
Winter 2018 bid schedule implementation date is Sunday, 28 October, 2018.
PRINTED COPIES OF THE BID PACKAGE: As printed copies of the bid package greatly increase our carbon footprint, printed copies of the bid package will now require a $2 donation to Dreams Take Flight. All donations will be credited to the Customer Service and Sales Agents of Air Canada in Vancouver.
(All efforts are being made to lessen the amount of paper being printed unnecessarily. Did you know that if each employee were to print out just one bid package, we would be printing nearly 12,000 sheets of paper that will end up just being tossed after a week!!)
- employees are not permitted to print on any Air Canada photocopier machine themselves
- any and all updates to the bid package will be sent via company email with notes of what has changed. Please be advised that these changes will supersede all previously printed copies
- Gate Support will be required to carry a PDA and will be stationed at CSD until assigned to a task
- DTF 4 will be covering breaks for DTF 2 and ITD (and possible deployment to C29 podium)
- ITB ARR FLOW and ITB ARR FLOW PA are required to meet inbound DEL and assist those passengers requiring wheelchair assistance to the Customer Care counter (near the ITB Link; across from the Graham Clarke Atrium). When completed, agents will report to RDM for assignments
9-Hour Rest - The Company will adjust an employee's last day of the previous schedule or the first day of the new schedule in cases where an employee would not have 9 consecutive hours free from duty between 2 scheduled shifts. This does not apply to shift trades. Please check ESS for changes and any inquiries should be directed to the resource office.
Part-Time Tagged Lines - We have scheduled additional hours to select part time shift lines during the winter period to meed the needs of the operation.
Peak Winter Period: December 14, 2018 - January 06, 2019
Peak Spring Break Period: March 14, 2019 - April 01, 2019
Job Description - Information related to the responsibilities and/or duties of a work function, please refer to the Job Description Book.
Cross Utilization - Regardless of your bid position, you may be assigned to perform other functions based on your qualifications.
Relief - Schedules are developed monthly based on Article 6.13.05 of the UNIFOR Collective Agreement agreement. Changes to the schedules may occur in accordance of Articles 6.13.06 and Article 6.13.07. Extra copies of these Collective Agreement Books are located in the upstairs lunchroom rest area in the bookcase.
- As a relief agent, you may be assigned to different cycles than the one you have chosen as your base shift, except for the All Function Relief
- Agents bidding relief, please submit your preference sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Time employees will be equalized as per Article 6.14.04
Equalization (Article 6.14.04) - is calculated only for FT employees, including relief, from the beginning of the Winter 2018 Schedule.
Locked-In Positions - STOC Connections, Ticketing and Premium agents are locked into these areas for a period of 1 year.
Mirror Bids - will be available to cover agents that are absent less than 2 months or agents on Union Duties. These shifts will be indicated in the bid room. Agents taking these shifts will also bid a relief line which they will assume once the agent they are covering returns to work.
Language Commitment - Agents bidding designated BL (English/French) shifts must be bilingual as per the official published company bilingual list. Employees who were hired with a language commitment post July 14, 1997 may be forced onto BL shifts. In shift trading any BL shifts, the person working the shift must also be qualified on the official company list. Employees on the official company language list, who were hired post July 14, 1997, may be forced onto a designated route-language bid line. To bid a route-language bid line, you must be on the official company list for that language. In trading any route-language shifts, the person working the shift must also be on the official company list.
Please check your language qualification prior to bid.
Shift Trades (Article 6.16) - Shift trades may only be arranged subject to the employee being qualified to perform the work functions of the other party. Please ensure that your qualifications are up-to-date in your ESS profile. This includes a language-determined shift (French - Korean - Japanese - Cantonese - Mandarin - German - Punjabi/Hindi).
Vacation Adjustments / Statutory Holidays
- Vacation Adjustments will automatically be scheduled based on your sliding selection during the 2018 Vacation Bid. If you chose to slide your vacation, this will be done based on the Vacation Slide Grid that was emailed to you with the Bid Package.
- Statutory Holidays will automatically be scheduled based on your statutory holiday selection during the 2018 Vacation Bid
Mandatory Bid Training will be scheduled by the training department and training notifications will be emailed at least 7 days prior to the training. Training must be attended as scheduled with no exceptions. Failure to successfully complete or attend training will result in forfeiting the bid line and being put into the regular relief pool. Forfeited shifts will then be awarded per Article 6.15.
Refresher Training - is available if you require and can be arranged by sending an email to email@example.com by September 21, 2018 or scheduling training during the open bid.
Agents who are scheduled for training who have shifts that exceed the number of hours the training is scheduled by 2 hours or more (ie. those on a 4X3 or 4X4 cycle) have the option to either work the remaining hours or take R.O. The work hours cannot be split; it must be taken all before training or all after training.
Agents voluntarily choosing to attend a training session on their days off will be paid straight time for the training.
Note that for some training, such as Premium Agent training, may possibly require attendance in another station.